As a raw material element for the production of titanium screws, titanium is a very active metal. Compared with traditional stainless steel, titanium screws have better flexibility and oxidation resistance.
It is more widely used in various industries. Compared with titanium screws under high pressure, ordinary stainless steel screws have stronger compression resistance. Therefore, titanium alloys are used for aerospace metals, and titanium screws are used as the connection. Pieces.
What are the advantages of titanium screws over traditional screws?
Titanium screws and material advantages:
1. Low density and high specific strength: The density of metallic titanium is 4.51g/cm3, which is higher than aluminum but lower than steel, copper, and nickel, but its specific strength is the first among metals.
2. Corrosion resistance: Titanium is a very active metal, its equilibrium potential is very low, and the thermodynamic corrosion tendency in the medium is large. But in fact, titanium is very stable in many media. For example, titanium is corrosion-resistant in oxidizing, neutral and weakly reducing media.
3. Good heat resistance: The new titanium alloy can be used for a long time at 600℃ or higher.
4. Good low-temperature resistance: Titanium alloy TA7 (Ti-5Al-2.5Sn), TC4 (Ti-6Al-4V) and Ti-2.5Zr-1.5Mo are represented by low-temperature titanium alloys whose strength decreases with the decrease of temperature. Improve, but the plastic change is not big. It maintains good ductility and toughness at low temperatures of -196-253℃, avoids cold brittleness of metals, and is an ideal material for cryogenic containers, storage boxes and other equipment.
5. Strong anti-damping performance: After metal titanium is subjected to mechanical vibration and electrical vibration, its own vibration decay time is longer than steel and copper metal.
6. Non-magnetic and non-toxic: Titanium is a non-magnetic metal and will not be magnetized in a large magnetic field. It is non-toxic and has good compatibility with human tissues and blood, so it is adopted by the medical community.
7. The tensile strength is close to its yield strength: This property of titanium shows that its yield ratio (tensile strength/yield strength) is high, and it means that the plastic deformation of metallic titanium is poor during forming. Due to the large ratio of the yield limit of titanium to the modulus of elasticity, the resilience of titanium during molding is large.
8. Good heat transfer performance: Although the thermal conductivity of metallic titanium is lower than that of carbon steel and copper, due to the excellent corrosion resistance of titanium, the wall thickness can be greatly reduced, and the heat exchange between the surface and steam is dropwise condensation. The heat group is reduced, and the heat resistance can be reduced without scaling on the surface, and the heat transfer performance of titanium is significantly improved.
9. Low modulus of elasticity: The modulus of elasticity of titanium is 106.4 high standard a at room temperature, which is 57% of steel.
10. Absorption performance: Titanium screw is a kind of metal with very active chemical properties, which can react with many elements and compounds at high temperature. Titanium getter mainly refers to the reaction with carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and oxygen at high temperatures.